Answered By: Jennifer Bazeley Last Updated: Mar 08, 2017 Views: 3
Yes, 3D printing services are available in King and BEST Libraries.
3D printing costs are available online.
Miami University Libraries can now meet your needs when it comes to three dimensional printing. If you can imagine it, we can print it using the MakerBot Replicator printer. We can convert from a wide variety of formats for printing. In a matter of days we can print what you have imagined. Design at TinkerCad online, in Blender, or in your favorite 3D modeling program.
What we can do:
- Print ready-to-go 3D CAD models from a variety of file formats (e.g. .stl, .obj; ask us about other acceptable formats)
- Repair/modify CAD models for printability
- Access to public computers with AutoDesk products (e.g. AutoCAD, 3dsMax, Maya, Rhino), SketchUp
- Consultations on CAD modeling and file conversions
- 3D scanning using a David SLS2 3D scanner