Answered By: Cara Calabrese Last Updated: Aug 28, 2018 Views: 190
If you would like to use the Libraries as a community member, you can sign up for an Affiliated Patron of the Libraries card by completing an application during business hours (Monday - Friday) in the Dean's Office (225 King Library) and by contributing $25 tax deductible donation cash or check annually. This card does NOT provide off-site access to library databases. Contact Heather Bennett for further details at (513) 529-2397 or email@example.com.
As an Affiliated Patron, online databases and other electronic resources are available to you on site (from within a library on campus). E-resources are not available to Affiliated Patrons via remote access (from outside the library) due to license restrictions.
- A limit of 20 items may be checked out to an individual at one time, which include OhioLINK items.
- Most Miami University items can be renewed.
- A maximum of 5 OhioLINK items may be in use at one time.
- OhioLINK books have a 21-day loan period and can be renewed up to 4 times as long as another used has not paced a "hold" on the item.
- OhioLINK media materials (videos, tapes, CD's, DVD's) typically have a 7-day loan period and cannot be renewed.
- Overdue fines for Miami University materials: For most items, 50-cents per day to a maximum of $15.00.
- Overdue fines for OhioLINK materials: 50-cents per day for the first 3-days. An additional, non-refundable late charge of $35.00 is added for items more than 30-days overdue.
- Replacement charges for lost Miami University items: $60.00 minimum replacement fee plus cataloging/processing fee. Any overdue fines will also be added.
- Replacement charges for lost OhioLINK items: $75.00 replacement fee plus a $50.00 cataloging/processing fee.
- All online databases and other electronic resources are available on site (from within a library on campus). Databases and other e-resources are not available to Affiliated Patrons via remote access (from outside the library) due to license agreements.